In today’s world, obesity has taken epidemic proportions. And obese people are trying various methods to lose weight. But, there are people who want to gain weight for a variety of reasons.
Genetics, high metabolism, fussy eating—all can contribute to a person’s inability to gain weight. The easy way to pile on the pounds is to indulge in palate tempting pastries and deep-fried delicacies. However, that is not the healthy way to gain weight at all! If you want to gain weight, try to do it naturally. There are certain natural and healthy foods that you should include in your meal plan to gain weight. Opt for energy rich, nutrient dense foods and gain weight, the healthy way! what to eat in breakfast to gain weight?
1Oatmeal Peanut Porridge
One hundred grams of oatmeal give you 400 calories while 28 grams of roasted, unsalted peanuts give you about 166 calories, with a whopping 126 calories rendered by healthy fats. Opt for rolled oats rather than steel cut ones for better taste and nutrition.
- Rolled oats – 1 cup
- Water – 3 cups, divided
- Peanuts – 15, roasted, unsalted
- Raisins – ¼ cup, cleaned and drained
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
- Whole milk – 1 cup
- Honey – 1 tbsp
- Bananas – 1, medium sized, sliced into ½ inch thick rounds.
- Dry roast oats in a preheated pan on medium heat until slightly warm to touch.
- Soak in 1 cup of water for 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the water to a large saucepan along with cinnamon powder and allow it to come to a boil.
- Add the oats along with soaked water.
- Allow to boil for a minute, lower the flame, stirring continuously. And cook for 3 minutes or until the oats get cooked well and the mixture turns thick.
- Remove from the fire and stir in peanuts and raisins.
- Mix in milk and honey.
- Add banana slices and mix well.
- Enjoy warm.